• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Official Samsung 4.4.2 Firmware + Root?

My first post woohoo!

Ok, back on topic. As most of you may know Samsung has been releasing Official 4.4.2 KitKat firmware updates for a whole slew of their smartphones. Well lucky me, the S4 Active made the list. Awesome rite? Well... wait for it... Although I am an AT&T customer living in the U.S. I am unable to update my S4 Active because it is the international unlocked version. What can i say, I like having my freedom. There is no telling when or if an OTA or Kies update will ever come for the TTT (Trinidad and Tobago) version of the OS on the phone at the present time. My question to you, the masters of all that is Android is... If I flash my S4A using one of the firmware versions located sammobile.com which one if any is the going to be the best for me? I need to have an English option, being the only language I know. If it happens to not remove my calling/4G/Wi-Fi capabilities that would be a BIG plus as well. Although I believe I have all of the needed files to backup, flash, and root my device downloaded to my PC, the extent of my knowledge with customizing androids is rooting my old AT&T Fusion 2... So any info is greatly appreciated.

Phone: Samsung S4 Active
Model: GT-I9295 (unlocked)
AP: I9295VJUBMK4
CP: I9295VJUBMK4
CSC: I9295UUBBMK1
Build #: JDQ39.I9295VJUBMK4
Kernel: 3.4.0-2045428
se.infra@R0301-01 #1
Tues Nov 19 20:37:24 KST 2013

Thanks in advance.

Nevermind, found it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones