• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ***Official*** Status of your Droid X order thread

I just got my shipping email today. Here's my info

Ordered online, july 25th, 3pm, billed to account
Recieved "Order has been processed BS email same day.
Recieved shipping email today, on july 28th,
Shipped today, due for delivery Friday, july 30th.

I should note I called CS and asked about my phone on tuesday, the 27th, and surprise, the next day i get shipping info. Light a fire under their butts if you havent gotten info yet. Just call. And also remember, depending on where you live, that nearest distribution center may have more or less stock compared to those getting their phone early. I also really do think Verizon is claiming onger wait times to make themselves look good when they "Deliver early".

This friday is droid city in my house!

The Hoose is definitely on to something. I ordered on 7/25 and when I ordered it said ship date would be by 8/3. To test his theory, I called Verizon customer service today to ask if they had any information on my expected ship date. They indicated it would be 8/3 as the web site had said. I said thanks and that was it. About 30 min after I hung up with them I got an email saying it had been shipped.

Someone else needs to try this and see if they get the same results. There seems to be a trigger that puts a priority on orders when an inquiry is made to customer service.

Upvote 0
The Hoose is definitely on to something. I ordered on 7/25 and when I ordered it said ship date would be by 8/3. To test his theory, I called Verizon customer service today to ask if they had any information on my expected ship date. They indicated it would be 8/3 as the web site had said. I said thanks and that was it. About 30 min after I hung up with them I got an email saying it had been shipped.

Someone else needs to try this and see if they get the same results. There seems to be a trigger that puts a priority on orders when an inquiry is made to customer service.

Not for me lol I called a few times and it didn't help. it did get shipped out a few days early

Upvote 0
I used to work on the team that processed these orders. I can assure you that no such thing exists.

You may be right. I'm just speculating based upon my experience as it did seem a little coincidental.

I do work in information systems and business intelligence, though, and know that all kinds of business rules are commonly programmed into production systems that are completely transparent to the users/processors.

Did you program the system? I'm just sayin' :)

Upvote 0
You may be right. I'm just speculating based upon my experience as it did seem a little coincidental.

I do work in information systems and business intelligence, though, and know that all kinds of business rules are commonly programmed into production systems that are completely transparent to the users/processors.

Did you program the system? I'm just sayin' :)

No, I didn't program the system. But I can tell you it's not nearly as advanced as it should be. But at the same time it's still rather simple to understand (for those that actually process the orders anyway).

Customer Service is just simply sticking to their boilerplate script of orders placed on the 25th will ship by Aug 3rd.

Upvote 0
I originally order on the 15th, they screwed up and didnt process the order until the 21st. I had been told up to that point that the phone would ship on or before the 23rd, when I heard they screwed up I was pissed and cancelled the order. Later that day (the 23rd) I reordered the phone, I called back a few days ago to confirm that the order was processed and it had been. I was promised the "by 8/3" shipping window. The online status will tell you NOTHING until it has actually shipped, DONT bother. I received two emails yesterday, 1) stating that my order had processed and been shipped, 2) the actual shipping info with tracking. These email were received about 10 minutes apart. I'm in Philly and the phone is shipping from West Chester,PA which I thought was weird. Hope this helps! Good luck to all, its tough being patient
Oh yeah I forgot, mine is arriving today at my job!!

Upvote 0
I need to finally update this. I ordered my phone online on saturday, the 24th at around 3pm, I got my order has been processed later that day, and called to find out what was up the following tuesday. The next day, wednesday, the 28th, I got my shipping info, and recieved my DROID X on friday, july 30th at 5pm.
(I didn't know about the one day shipping). This phone is amazing. Even with the bloatware, this is the fastest phone i have ever played with. When Froyo comes out, I'm rooting, and removing bloatware. This Phone SCREAMS. My first download tests put it at 2.48 mb download, later i got up to 3.2!!

I love droid. Now If I can just get my wife to convert from her blackberry.......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones