• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Wallpaper Thread

Meanwhile.. back at the Ranch.....

Should I be trying to find the folder where the system wallpapers are and put my wallpapers in there to store and use?

As of now, I've created a folder called "wallpapers" and just pull out of there to keep separate from all my personal pics.

If I want to use a personal pic, I just copy it to my wallpaper folder too.

Is there a better way?

I have been doing it the same way you are

Upvote 0
I have been doing it the same way you are

Unless its compressed in another format, I couldn't even find where the Theme wallpapers folder is or the system wallpaper folders are at.

----------
Another question......
When I pick a wall paper through the gallery, the Droid put a little square in there so I can resize and use as much of the pic as I want.
I'm assuming thats in proper format that way regardless of the format of the source pic... but maybe not?

If I take a personal pic and put the green square to show the full pick and save that as a wallpaper, and then do the same thing, but this time only crop the center of the pic and save it as my wallpaper, does the first get deleted "wherever wallpaper gets stored".

I remember in windows, the system simply converted it to a .bmp file which got overwritten everytime you changed wallpapers... later windows had the ability to use independent pics.

I don't guess it really matters ,but I was just trying to figure out if I'm stacking up more and more storage space somewhere everytime I go to another wallpaper.

Upvote 0
Megan Fox Wall:

2ibz2ar.jpg

With matching Lock Screen:

30wb9zt.jpg

Upvote 0
Megan Fox Wall:
2ibz2ar.jpg

With matching Lock Screen:

30wb9zt.jpg

very nice... here are some qr codes for those....
[qr]http://i47.tinypic.com/2ibz2ar.jpg[/qr] [qr]http://i46.tinypic.com/30wb9zt.jpg[/qr]

you can quickly add qr codes to your links or images by using the BB code 'qr' around your url when posting on Android Forums..

HTML:
[qr]http://i46.tinypic.com/30wb9zt.jpg[/qr]

Upvote 0
I've had a few days to play with my moto droid now and I must say...wow! (First Android :) Last WinMo)

But here's what I've found so to be great for quick/easy/shit-tons of wallpapers/rings/etc.

Two must have apps in the market are AndroLib, and Zedge. I prefer the Zedge interface, but that's myO. Regardless, they are filled with access perfectly sized no-hassle downloading. The Zedge market App detected my phone type, and from what I'd guess by how much they'be obviously got a good thing going, I'd be willing to bet they can detect most phones and OSs to give you the proper files no-hassle as well.

And for the tweak your GUIs further guys: check out ThemeAndroid.com

No I don't work for any one of these companys :(

Hope these get some others up and tweakin' ...I'm am :D

Upvote 0
Hello all. I own a Samsung Moment and i am having a little trouble with my wallpapers. I am able to set pictures as my wallpaper from my pictures folder and they show up on my background. The problem occurs when I change the orientation of my phone; my wallpaper changes direction as well resulting in black bars on either side. This does not happen with any of the standard wallpapers that come with the phone. Is there any way to stop the picture from changing direction.

Upvote 0
Hello all. I own a Samsung Moment and i am having a little trouble with my wallpapers. I am able to set pictures as my wallpaper from my pictures folder and they show up on my background. The problem occurs when I change the orientation of my phone; my wallpaper changes direction as well resulting in black bars on either side. This does not happen with any of the standard wallpapers that come with the phone. Is there any way to stop the picture from changing direction.

the reason there are black bars is because the pic is the right size for one display and wrong for the other... i used the moment but i don't know the sizes

Upvote 0
If someone downloads aHome or Open Home - are they then able to download themes from the other choice? (So if you have Open Home - can you download aHome themes? And vice versa?)

Also - is it me or does PandaHome have a very limited number of themes? Maybe b/c it's free?

I almost feel guilty going away from the nice default Sense UI - its awesome for just being default but I LOVE the WATCHMEN theme thats out there.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones