• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oh how embarrassing

I realize nobody out there has done anything as stupid as what I did recently. I'm on my third week with my DInc and every few days I fool around a little bit changing one or two things and then waiting to see how that might affect the DInc. Well, last night I decided I would try setting up notification when an e-mail is received and thought it would be neat to have one of the songs currently downloaded. Late this morning I was standing in the checkout line at a grocery store, (luckily not a local grocery store), minding my own business when all of a sudden I hear this music coming from somewhere.:eek: It didn't take long for me to realize it was coming from my DInc, coming from my DInc loud and clear. It caught me so off guard I didn't remember setting the notification so didn't realize I had just received an e-mail. I tried everything I could think of to turn down the volume. No luck. Now I could stand in line and cover the speaker to try and mute the music some but then how would I pay for my groceries? As I turned redder with embarrassment the only thing I could think of was shutting down the phone. Lord, it takes a long time to shut down.

No more music notifications for this OneOleMan.
:rolleyes:

HAHAHA what song was it?

I made the mistake of setting my email to ding at me when I got an email. On the first night having the phone I was getting bombarded with late night spam emails. After each loud DING I thought it would be the last one yet I was getting them every hour. I was too out of it to figure out how to turn it off (new phone) and I was scared to turn down the volume because I use my phone as an alarm.

Upvote 0
yeah i set my email to just vibrate mostly because i dont care to read an email immediately. I ran into a similar situation when setting my alarm as a reminder during the day once. Was in line to get food, sure enough when its my turn to order my alarm goes off and it wouldnt shut off. Some kind of glitch i guess but i ended up having to turn my phone off which took forever..

Upvote 0
For those of you with late night e-mail issues, download Timeriffic. Set up a night time schedule with the ringer on (30%), vibration off, and notifications muted. It doesn't mess with the alarm volume, and even so, you can set a morning schedule to turn everything up to 11 (or 100%) just prior to your alarm time.

Just remember, on Andriod phones, there really is an app for that.

Upvote 0
HAHAHA what song was it?

I made the mistake of setting my email to ding at me when I got an email. On the first night having the phone I was getting bombarded with late night spam emails. After each loud DING I thought it would be the last one yet I was getting them every hour. I was too out of it to figure out how to turn it off (new phone) and I was scared to turn down the volume because I use my phone as an alarm.

Use "Sound manager".

Lets you turn change volume of each thing, System volume, ringtone, notification, media volume, Alarm volume...

I turn up and down most things depending on what im doing, but always leave alarm the same so it wakes me in the morning.

Reactions: Stole 71
Upvote 0
The tune I had loaded for e-mail was Al Hirt and Pete Fountain playing Basin Street Blues. When Fountain hits some of those high notes - - - -. Hey, it's good music - just not meant for stores or some funerals.

I'm OneOleMan for good reason. I fell in love listening to Julie London after getting the "Dear John"
from the girl let behind, Elvis was just getting noticed. Those were the days. Now ya see me boppin' down the street, carrying my oxygen tanks and listening to my music.:cool: :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones