• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ok here i go.flashin new rom.plz look.Lg L38c

bigjoncoop

Apr 18, 2013
USA -NY
hey fellas

!!!!!!WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

LG Optimus Dynamic (LG L38c)
Android Gingerbread 2.3.6
rooted, stock rom

Okay so I've been doing a lot of research lately for the past month or so on rooting My device. so I used One Click Root, CWM
and Unlock Kernel from area51 to root my phone. everything went great and had no problems.

then I used the cwm to make a backup. that went well.

then I used titanium backup to backup all my apps and system files. that went well.

now I found custom rom made by the developers at area51. the only custom.mod for my device that's out there.
I've read all the posts associated with the mod and it seems pretty stable.
so I downloaded the mod. zip file to my computer and used USB to transfer to my sdcard.

so now all I need to do is boot into cwm and restore useing the new mod zip file and do a few.other things like clear cache etc... included in the mod instructions.

if all goes well and my phone boots properly I'm going to use titanium backup again to restore all my apps/ system files to my phone

?????DOES ALL THIS SOUND CORRECT?????

I've done my homework and am pretty confident all is well. just wanted a few opinions.

thx guys. keep watchin. more post to come.

Reactions: ocnbrze
hey thx for ur input

well I didn't wipe all the caches before I installed the rom I did it after like the mod instructions said
and I.unzipped the mod.file on my.computer and copied the folder to.sdcard and.restore it. that's what the instructions said.

we
everything went well! !!! thank god lol

the only problem I'm having is restoreing my apps and.system data with titanium backup. the problem with this phone is low system memory. so when I.use titanium backup I can only install a.few.apps b4 I get a low on space alert from system. then I have to go and use link2sd to move the em then.go back.into. titanium backup and restore a few.more etc etc.... but now.here's my issue link2sd keeps moving em to my internal storage not.to my external sdcard. I've also tried app2sd and app mgr II. but.they don't even see/let me move them to external SD just internal.

in link2sd setting I choose external but it keeps putting em in internal. what wrong?

also is.there. way.to move the entire app not.just part of it? to my external sdcard?

thanks

here the mod I used
[ROM]Arearom Dynamic 1.0 - Android Area51

Upvote 0
hey fellaz

lg optimus dynamic. L38c
rooted.with oneclick root and cwm and kernal

just installed.custom rom

when i used cwm to install rom everything went fine. in the rom instructions it says to factory reset,wipe cache and dalvik cache after restoring rom. when i wipe cache it says:
e: unknown volume for path (/sd-ext)

then i wipe dalvik cache and that's fine

problem
on my phone it loads all my pics and i can see the.contents of.my sdcard with file manager etc...

but when i use app2sd, link2sd, or titanium backup they see.my sdcard but when i use them.to move my apps to sd they only move them to my internal storage not my sdcard.

thx

Upvote 0
I
hey fellaz

lg optimus dynamic. L38c
rooted.with oneclick root and cwm and kernal

just installed.custom rom

when i used cwm to install rom everything went fine. in the rom instructions it says to factory reset,wipe cache and dalvik cache after restoring rom. when i wipe cache it says:
e: unknown volume for path (/sd-ext)

then i wipe dalvik cache and that's fine

problem
on my phone it loads all my pics and i can see the.contents of.my sdcard with file manager etc...

but when i use app2sd, link2sd, or titanium backup they see.my sdcard but when i use them.to move my apps to sd they only move them to my internal storage not my sdcard.

edited: in file manager this is what it shows for my sd/internalsd directories my internalsd is: /mnt/sdcard/_externalsd

my external/removable sdcard:
/mnt/sdcard

is this normal? it seems like u.have togo through my removable one to get to my internal one. and I'm positive of which one which

/sdcard/_externalsd is 800mb
and
/sdcard is 2gb

anyone have any ideas? plz help. this phone has very little storage

Try some of the apps from Google play store if it works for you but it depends on what you got, some roms and some phones they don't let that happen.

Upvote 0
update

hey fellaz

everything went fine. I'm so glad.

the rom is nice and 80% of the bloatware is gone.

the only problem I'm having is restoring my apps with titanium backup. its a pain in the a** that h have to confirm each app and the hit install for everyone.
and
since this phone has very little storage i have to restore a few then stop and move them to sdcard then restore a few more etc etc...
but im having. hard time moving apps to my sdcard they keep getting moved to internal storage. been workin on this problem for hours now!!!
so my plan is to format my intternal storage since it full of crap from the past 2months of install/uninstalling apps etc... and just move all my apps there since its pretty large.

if anyone has this phone would like to root using the method i used and would like some input pm me.

more news soon

Upvote 0
hey fellaz

yeah the rom will not let u send or receive mms messages. I don't mind caz i dont use mms really at all.

otherwise this rom is pretty good. I dont any complaints. its the only one available so... also I chatted with the Creator of the custom mod caz I thought that not being able to move Apps to SD with link2sd was with the rom but come to find out its the phone. these phone have a problem in there script. he said he was trying to fix it. also after u install this rom when u wipe cache or dalvik cache not sure which one it will say unknown path /ext-sd volume not found. don't worry everything will work Fine except useing LINK2SD WITH A PARTITIONED SDCard. don't do it. caused me.a.huge headache. lol

just ordered a archos g9 10in tablet should have it tomorrow. the reviews wernt to bad and there is a ton of custom roms too. so well see. keep u updated

Upvote 0
Could someone post if/when its fixed cause i'm so close to doing this myself but ya, I love my pix msgs...especially ones from my woman ^.^

welcome to AF!!!!!

what is wrong with your phone? are you having issues with mms? what phone do you have? is it rooted?

the more details you can give us the better we can help.

Upvote 0
hey fellas

!!!!!!WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

LG Optimus Dynamic (LG L38c)
Android Gingerbread 2.3.6
rooted, stock rom

Okay so I've been doing a lot of research lately for the past month or so on rooting My device. so I used One Click Root, CWM
and Unlock Kernel from area51 to root my phone. everything went great and had no problems.

then I used the cwm to make a backup. that went well.

then I used titanium backup to backup all my apps and system files. that went well.

now I found custom rom made by the developers at area51. the only custom.mod for my device that's out there.
I've read all the posts associated with the mod and it seems pretty stable.
so I downloaded the mod. zip file to my computer and used USB to transfer to my sdcard.

so now all I need to do is boot into cwm and restore useing the new mod zip file and do a few.other things like clear cache etc... included in the mod instructions.

if all goes well and my phone boots properly I'm going to use titanium backup again to restore all my apps/ system files to my phone

?????DOES ALL THIS SOUND CORRECT?????

I've done my homework and am pretty confident all is well. just wanted a few opinions.

thx guys. keep watchin. more post to come.

I know this is a shot in the dark and this forum channel is really outdated, but can you tell me how you flashed the LG L38C?? I happened upon one and have been working on turning it into a Google Voice house phone. Couldn't find the stock Rom. I did however find a single custom Rom still floating around. But I kind of bricked the LG L38C after Root. I debloated, but I might have added a system app that I shouldn't have or went over the allotted space available and now it's bricked. I can still reach Factory Reset but it does not fix the Brick. Any direction with the flash program, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I know this is a shot in the dark and this forum channel is really outdated, but can you tell me how you flashed the LG L38C?? I happened upon one and have been working on turning it into a Google Voice house phone. Couldn't find the stock Rom. I did however find a single custom Rom still floating around. But I kind of bricked the LG L38C after Root. I debloated, but I might have added a system app that I shouldn't have or went over the allotted space available and now it's bricked. I can still reach Factory Reset but it does not fix the Brick. Any direction with the flash program, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
do you still have a custom recovery? did you make a nandroid backup before flashing the rom?

Upvote 0
do you still have a custom recovery? did you make a nandroid backup before flashing the rom?
I have the custom Rom, I didn't get to the point of custom recovery. I achieved Root through KingoRoot and used KingRoot as a Root manager. Then I began debloating. At the time, I had no Rom as finding the original firmware became an impossible task. I kept searching, but I bricked the LG L38C while removing the system apps, I must have messed with the wrong one. Literally, right after, I found the custom Rom - LG L38C Turbo. Now I'm trying to figure out how to flash it from basically the logo screen. It does reboot into recovery-factory reset mode, but then just goes back to the logo screen - soft brick.

EDIT: The phone has a bunch of issues I was working on. Such as no original firmware, expired CA/OTA certs, 1 Gig of storage, 386 MB ram (Was looking into using the app Swap for using the SD card for RAM), hunting down apps compatible with the Gingerbread 2.4.3, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones