• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ok I am behind the times as far as movies on the droid. Need some help NOOB question

wags1992

May 3, 2010
Ok I am wanting to put some movies on my phone, what is the best way of doing this. Is there anyway I could put a dvd that I own onto my phone or do I need to download the movie onto my computer? Could someone give me the directions on how to do this? Next I buy movies on my PS3 and save them onto my PS3 is there anyway to get those movies onto my phone? I am looking for some sort of directions to get these movies on to my phone. I would really like to take a dvd that I own and copy onto my phone. Would I need something special for this?

It would help to know what phone you have, but yes, its easy to put dvds and videos on your phone. You need to convert the videos to mp4 h264 baseline codec, at the right resolution for your particular phone. I use Handbrake, its a free app and there are tons of guides on here on how to use it.

Go into the sub-forum for your particular phone to see what resolution you need to convert the videos to, or do a search on here.

Upvote 0
It is illegal to put DVD's on your Android. That is why they put copy protection on DVD's.

This is why I told you to come back on here when you grow up and understand the law. It is NOT illegal to put DVD's that YOU OWN onto your other devices. If you own the DVD, you can make AS MANY COPIES as you want, as long as YOU are the only one watching them. This includes making ndigital copies for your ipods/phones/media players. It IS illegal to make copies of dvd's and SHARE them with other people.

Reactions: ryno1974 and Bramsy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones