• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OK Not Good...

line6ix

Apr 8, 2010
So I just used my INC for a phone call like 20 minutes ago, and then when i unlocked the screen to use it now its moving itself to the leftmost homescreen and the touch screen isnt responding much, and now not really at all as i've typed this. Anyway, this is pretty difficult to describe whats really going on, but basically, its got a mind of its own and it prefers to not "obey" my commands for the most part....turn off and on didnt do anything the first time.

I had the EXACT same problem with mine. What I did to correct this was to erase all third party apps and re-downloaded them again one by one giving the phone time to react and see what it would do. I ended up narrowing it down to either handcent and or weather bug. I reported the phone, downloaded them again, rebooted and have not had a problem since. Hopefully this helps you out some.

Upvote 0
That happened to me once, I believe it was on May 1st, but after a reboot it hasn't happened since.

It happened when I was downloading an app, ran the app, then I accidentally hit the top button to put it to sleep, quickly hit the top button and unlocked it and the screen had a mind of its own. Hopefully it doesn't happen again...

Upvote 0
Yeah, it was definitely the trackpad. Unfortunately(Fortunately??) when I went to Verizon, they didn't know what the issue may have been (even though my phone was performing normally when i got to the store...) so they ordered me a new one, getting it tomorrow. Oops! Shoulda waited a little longer on these forums before freaking out that something was seriously wrong with the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones