• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ok so if i want to go from fresh 2.1.2 to 2.1.1..

do i have to wipe or anything? or can i just flash over it as if i was updating?

oh and quick question, if i wanted to go from fresh 2.1.2 to fresh 2.3, do i have to flash also? i know someone already posted this but i cant seem to find it.

to go from rom to rom you have to FLASH. the question is do you have to WIPE. i dont think you need to wipe if you are going from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 but i think you DO have to wipe going from 2.1.2 to 2.3.3. if in doubt, just wipe!

Actually, if in doubt, the best thing to do is READ the info from the site you get the ROM from. Any ROM... At least on the xda forum, the first post for each ROM has the downloadable ROM, AND the flashing instructions. Hero CDMA Android Development - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones