• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OK So When Is The Real Froyo Coming Out?

Good to know. Well, fail #1.. "Signature failed" .. I had grabbed it off HTC's server last night before it was removed. I am in a hotel, and it was taking forever over wireless, so plugged in the wired connection and disabled wireless.. maybe that slightly corrupted the file. It opens fine with no error with WinRar.. shrug.

Renamed to update.zip like suggested, but failed the check when I went to apply.

Re-downloading from somewhere.. lol

EDIT: helps when you don't mistakenly drag it into the wrong folder... :\ heh... Also noticed, when I had the update.zip in the root folder, there were Android robots at the bottom of the first screen.. the first 2 attempts (when update.zip was in wrong folder), there were no robots on the first screen. No big deal, just thought was interesting. Looks like it's working now.

Upvote 0
They will start rolling out OTA updates on Aug 3rd. Those who got it yesterday were a select few. Probably just to make sure everything was running ok. I think the OTA updates will be sent out in waves from the wording in Sprint's statement, so you may not even have it then.

The version that HTC posted probably is the final. The version number matches up with what Sprint says and how much work could they possibly put in between now and Tuesday??? They probably messed up by posting it and Sprint got on them about it.

Anyways I installed it last night. It's running great so far. Noticeably snappier than 2.1.

Numbers matching doesnt mean much. They could have 10 builds of that rom with a team working on each and somehow that one rom got sent out. The final build probably will be that number but could be from a different build team all together. Or im just flat out wrong. 100% speculation at this point.

Upvote 0
Numbers matching doesnt mean much. They could have 10 builds of that rom with a team working on each and somehow that one rom got sent out. The final build probably will be that number but could be from a different build team all together.

10 builds with the same build number? No. Multiple teams working on different versions? No.

Or im just flat out wrong. 100% speculation at this point.
That's where my money is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones