• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Old Acer - no phone app

jo mac

Lurker
Feb 26, 2022
Hi, I have an old acer phone given to me. I am unable to make or receive calls online (not my cell phone or provider, it's fine for that). Server issues, etc. I have done some of the things asked, airplane mode turn on off. SIM card deactive - reactivate. I was looking for the phone app on the phone itself and I don't see it. Don't know where I can get it. Does anyone know about this and what I should do.
Thanks

It's an Acer liquid Z320. I hardly use it for anything. I just want to use it when I go and pick up a grocery but it tells me no server. I have a Fido pay as you go but I'm too cheap to load up for just one call every two or three weeks. I have Talkatone and it works great on my laptop but not on the android. I'm prett good with computers but useless with phone, not interested in them. :D

Upvote 0
It's an Acer liquid Z320. I hardly use it for anything. I just want to use it when I go and pick up a grocery but it tells me no server. I have a Fido pay as you go but I'm too cheap to load up for just one call every two or three weeks. I have Talkatone and it works great on my laptop but not on the android. I'm prett good with computers but useless with phone, not interested in them. :D

Upvote 0
I installed Talkatone on my android and called my home landline. Nothing - doesn't ring through. When I'm out and call it says something about server unavailable. Works fine with my cell phone provider. Anyway, if you know of a quick solution I'll try but it's probably not worth my while spending a lot of time on it. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones