• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OLD] (Boost) Update 2.3.6 with root

i have root running 2.3.6,flashed with cwm easy as hell no issues.Everything works great i use foxfi as well as loota stated it works perfectly.Only thing i have run into is when i try going to settings and go to about phone and click on status it will get an error message "the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.please try again".Other than that fuggin awesome bro ty a ish ton :)

Upvote 0
i have root running 2.3.6,flashed with cwm easy as hell no issues.Everything works great i use foxfi as well as loota stated it works perfectly.Only thing i have run into is when i try going to settings and go to about phone and click on status it will get an error message "the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.please try again".Other than that fuggin awesome bro ty a ish ton :)

Idk why it double posted,my browser was tweekin out lol sorry everyone.

Reactions: katracho
Upvote 0
i have the same problem loota do you? i cant figure out why i cant get into it
but everything else works like a charm

Upvote 0
I had to get started all over again....i odin back to 2.3.4 then updated to 2.3.6 again ...

New update zip 5/16 fixed

..try going to setting and go to about phone and click status get a error msg "the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. (FIXED) :)

I tried it on two phones and they worked well:D:D

Its all I can do for you guys :thumbup:

Download link

Upvote 0

Idk why it double posted,my browser was tweekin out lol sorry everyone.

Download the new zip will fix that problem

Upvote 0
Used the instructions on post 1 for the script update on last post when the script got to formatting system it encountered an error trying to format it and stop the script. E:format_volume failed to unmount "/system" Error while formatting /system!

"edit"
Rebooted recovery in recovery then restored the file. finished and baseband stayed kernel changed and build changed.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I had to get started all over again....i odin back to 2.3.4 then updated to 2.3.6 again ...

..try going to setting and go to about phone and click status get a error msg "the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. (FIXED) :)

I tried it on two phones and they worked well:D:D

Its all I can do for you guys :thumbup:

Download link
there is no download link?

Upvote 0
With the latest recovery update I'm now getting an errors with the play store, can't buy,download, or update anything.
I have even tried replacing the playstore app with the modded one... no luck for me

Anyone else?

Go into ur applications and look for play store, force stop and delete data and reboot phone sometimes google authentication error comes up and then u will have to delete the data for google framework services.

Upvote 0
I'm already running 2.3.6, unrooted, but I really want to root my phone, can I use this to root? If so how? Any help would be appreciated.
you would have to odin back to 2.3.4 ( http://androidforums.com/transform-...ing-return-stock-samsung-transform-ultra.html ) and install clock work mod ( http://androidforums.com/transform-...s-clockwork-mod-recovery-transform-ultra.html ) then download and follow katracho's instructions ( http://androidforums.com/transform-...5-16-boost-update-2-3-6-root.html#post4384067 )
:rock:

adore.gif
hroarak13, bads3ctor, and interdpth are my heroes
if i have helped you in anyway please hit the thanks button or if your feeling really generous you can also Donate

Upvote 0

works but idk about WiFi yet

EDIT: nope but i heard Samsung is pushing another update to fix the WiFi so i might just go back to 2.3.4 and wait for the new update to come out tho i didn't Odin back to 2.3.4 when i used the new zip that might be the problem if i get antsy about it ill Odin to 2.3.4 and then cwm the new one idk tho ill post later if i do if i get it working or not

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones