• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root on bionix-v 1.3.1, want a fresh start

scooter1942

Android Enthusiast
Jul 12, 2011
Santa Maria
got bionix-v 1.3.1 and im looking for a different froyo rom, any suggestions? ive been googling and it sounds like axura is nice... most people say bionix is stable but it doesnt seem like it to me. the soft buttons at the bottom dont work very well and battery life is terrible. also, will bullet work with axura? and if not what oc kernels will? if im going to have crap battery life i may as well have a speedy, stable phone

i also cant find anywhere that explains very well how to use odin, links that arent broken would be nice :) :p

edit: found a couple threads explaining odin, got back to stock, and now for some reason i cant flash any new roms :( ive tried the steps that someone told me to take and other ones found in forums but nothing seems to work. it doesnt seem like rom manager supports the vibrant anymore, is that why? when i reboot into recovery it just goes to what i think is the stock recovery screen and when i select reinstall packages it does so and then reboots like when i rooted it in the first place

okay, never mind. i figured everything out. now im on a nice setup that i like... but im kind of addicted to flashing roms and kernels and stuff >_> so i have a question that i hope SOMEONE will be able to answer! and that is can i restore a nandroid backup if ive used odin to get back to stock and flashed other roms? or will it be erased or inaccessible?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones