• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [On Hold] JellyBean CM10.1

i did a little replacing files within the stock modded rom for the sister phone. some of the things like (secappname.apk) are needed for some things to work. i tried to replace the secphone.apk with phone.apk of cyanogenmod. guess what? bootloop. i think we may need to find some way for some of the files that are touchwiz like secphone.apk to remain within cyanogenmod. it might help with the phone to boot. try it. it might work hopefully until we get somethings worked out within the system.

Upvote 0
i did a little replacing files within the stock modded rom for the sister phone. some of the things like (secappname.apk) are needed for some things to work. i tried to replace the secphone.apk with phone.apk of cyanogenmod. guess what? bootloop. i think we may need to find some way for some of the files that are touchwiz like secphone.apk to remain within cyanogenmod. it might help with the phone to boot. try it. it might work hopefully until we get somethings worked out within the system.

No...We don't need any touchwiz apps in cm...The reason the cm apps won't work in our phone properly is because they need to communicate with bin/lib files that touchwiz obviously doesn't have the right ones for

Upvote 0
well is it possible to edit the files within the cyanogenmod apks to communicate with the phone?

As far as coding/recoding an app goes...anything is possible...but it is too time consuming and difficult to do that for every single app that it just wouldn't be worth it...imagine the wait we have right now, and multiply that by all the apps in cyanogenmod.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones