• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

On the menu

lunatic59

Moderati ergo sum
Jun 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
www.cmgd.net
Tonight's fare is a couple of flat bread pizzas. Sausage and mushroom or goat cheese and spinach.

Attachments

• 20180528_185050_HDR.jpg
    20180528_185050_HDR.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 328
Yum!!! But that sausage & mushroom appears to be pepperoni & mushroom, yes?

No sir. It was link Italian sweet sausage leftover from the day before and sliced thin so it won't go to waste. And most certainly yum. Of course it was accompanied by several Newcastle's (the wife was drinking black and tan)

Upvote 0
Boiled some spicy brats in beer and then grilled them. Some chips and dip rounded out the nutritious meal. :)

I like 'em with some grilled veggies. Maybe onions, peppers and zucchini ... now I'm hungry.

OMG goat cheese in my area is $20 a pound and is considered a delicacy in my family because we don't get to eat it that much because of its expense.

:D It's not that cheap here either but we do love it. My problem with U.S. cheeses is that by law they all must be pasteurized. This does affect the flavor, especially if you've tasted the fresh stuff in France.

Upvote 0
The key to tender, juicy grilled chicken (it's no secret, yet most people don't bother)

Brine before grilling and rest after.

I've mentioned this on the grilling thread, I use simmered coffee with spices to brine/marinade my meats prior to grilling - 12-24 hours prior, that + the rest (rest is SO IMPORTANT) gets moist juicy meat every time.

Upvote 0
ramen.jpg

who needs to go out to eat ramen. made this this morning for breakfast.......it is a miso ramen with shredded beef, snow peas, sauteed carrotes, 1 hard boiled egg, and sea asparagus(a type of seaweed i found at an asian market).

edit: along with my favorite cider Two Towns pineapple cider........yummy!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have some bone in country ribs for the Dutch Oven today. Simply some salt an pepper and sear the side. Sweat onions, carrots, and garlic in the bottom of the dutch oven, put the seared ribs on top, add in some chicken broth, tomato paste, and some bay leaves. Cook in the oven at 300 for 3-4 hours and serve on a bed of rice or mashed potatoes. We're going with potatoes today.

It's a good meal for a cold, rainy Sunday.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I have some bone in country ribs for the Dutch Oven today. Simply some salt an pepper and sear the side. Sweat onions, carrots, and garlic in the bottom of the dutch oven, put the seared ribs on top, add in some chicken broth, tomato paste, and some bay leaves. Cook in the oven at 300 for 3-4 hours and serve on a bed of rice or mashed potatoes. We're going with potatoes today.

It's a good meal for a cold, rainy Sunday.
i have always grilled my ribs.....never tried it braised like that. are these ribs boneless?

Upvote 0
i have always grilled my ribs.....never tried it braised like that. are these ribs boneless?
They are bone in country style pork ribs. Not ribs in the sense that they come from the rib cage. These are cut from a pork butt.

BTW, this is what happens when it rains, you can't leave the house, and you watch cooking shows all morning.
upload_2020-3-29_14-36-14.png

upload_2020-3-29_14-37-54.png

Upvote 0
Last night I fixed some deluxe burritos. I had some leftover pulled pork and cooked up some pinto beans for the dish. Shredded pork and beans with some sour cream and shredded cheddar wrapped in a tortilla and smothered with chili, hot sauce, and a few sliced jalapenos makes a hearty meal. No pics... we dove in like vultures :)

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones