• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help onboard storage for Amaze 4g

lo4851

Lurker
Jun 27, 2011
I have the Amaze 4g and whenever I plug the phone into my pc I am able to see all the pics that were on my last sd card. How do I delete or even move them to my new sd card. My new sd card does not have anything on it and still does not see them. I go into my gallery/music/camcorder and don't see anything is there any other way I can remove them???

Just making sure I understand your question correctly...

You have a new SD card in the phone, but when you mount it to your pc, you see the contents of another SD card?

You may not be clicking on the correct mass storage device... make sure you are opening the one for the phone.

If you want to delete them, *this will delete them forever, be careful* open my computer and then find the SD card, right click, and there should be an option to format it. As I said, this will remove EVERYTHING from your card. Make sure this is what you want.

If you'd like to move the pictures, all you would have to do is highlight all of the files, click copy, go to the destination SD card, and click paste.

Upvote 0
The Amaze has internal storage at /mnt/sdcard/ labeled, as you can see, as "SD Card." When you install a microSDHC card, it's mounted as /mnt/sdcard/ext_card/ .

Your PC probably sees TWO drives when you connect the Amaze to it with a microSDHC card installed. There are some trivial idiosyncrasies, but for the most part you have about 9GB of internal storage for program settings, files, photos, music, and then the 8GB/16GB/32GB storage you add to it.

Reactions: glennjr15
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones