• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [One Click][Updated]LG Spectrum All in One Pkg for Root, CWM Touch Recovery, and Unroot

Mine is also rebooting to a black screen, can tell it's on but nothing shows up, looks like it installed correctly...

Clockwork Mod Recovery
Press any key to continue . . .
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
Device found.
Pushing CWM to Phone
3705 KB/s (16777216 bytes in 4.421s)
Rebooting device
Waiting for device to reboot
Pushing Exploit
Rebooting device again
Waiting for device to reboot
Installing CWM Recovery
remount succeeded
rm failed for /system/etc/install-recovery.sh, No such file or directory
rm failed for /system/recovery-from-boot.p, No such file or directory
4096+0 records in
4096+0 records out
16777216 bytes transferred in 2.757 secs (6085315 bytes/sec)
Removing Trash
Finished Recovery!!!
Press any key to continue . . .

I was running Broken Out 2.0, used the Revert to v4 Stock, installed the update to v6, rooted it (confirmed by Root Checker Basic and Superuser) but can't get CWM to work. Any ideas?

I'm guessing you are using rom toolbox to boot into recovery. If you are thats your problem. I to have been having issues with using rom toolbox pro to boot into recovery. Just use another program and it should work fine. I also have super manager and titanium backup pro. Try one of those to boot into recovery and it should should. At least it does for me. I've had that black screen issue at least 3 times and everytime it was when I use rom toolbox. The others always work fine.

Upvote 0
I'm guessing you are using rom toolbox to boot into recovery. If you are thats your problem. I to have been having issues with using rom toolbox pro to boot into recovery. Just use another program and it should work fine. I also have super manager and titanium backup pro. Try one of those to boot into recovery and it should should. At least it does for me. I've had that black screen issue at least 3 times and everytime it was when I use rom toolbox. The others always work fine.

Nope, never used ROM toolbox since it doesn't support my tablet or phone. Was using the One Click tool which I believe uses adb to reboot into recovery (option 7), as well as rebooting to recovery through Titanium Backup.
I read on Nephs original CWM thread that it would come up as a blank screen if the phone had been on too long, so I turned it off and let it sit for a while then when I restarted it I was able to reboot to CWM using Titanium backup so I guess that was it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Neph81
Upvote 0
Nope, never used ROM toolbox since it doesn't support my tablet or phone. Was using the One Click tool which I believe uses adb to reboot into recovery (option 7), as well as rebooting to recovery through Titanium Backup.
I read on Nephs original CWM thread that it would come up as a blank screen if the phone had been on too long, so I turned it off and let it sit for a while then when I restarted it I was able to reboot to CWM using Titanium backup so I guess that was it. :rolleyes:

rom toolbox works on the spectrum. But I have had issues with it trying to boot into recovery.

Glad you got it all worked out though.

Upvote 0
Hi members!

I just started studying these threads and am very interested in getting CWM back since I upgraded from my old Droid; however I rooted my Spectrum using the script exploit from Dan Rosenberg and then went on to uninstall system bloat/crapware with Titanium. Now I am unable to get the OTA updates and Titanium is unable to restore all the bloat I uninstalled.

Should I chance that one click can unroot me or are there better recommendations to get back to what one click offers? I sure could use a nandroid backup of a stock Spectrum! :)

Upvote 0
Hi members!

I just started studying these threads and am very interested in getting CWM back since I upgraded from my old Droid; however I rooted my Spectrum using the script exploit from Dan Rosenberg and then went on to uninstall system bloat/crapware with Titanium. Now I am unable to get the OTA updates and Titanium is unable to restore all the bloat I uninstalled.

Should I chance that one click can unroot me or are there better recommendations to get back to what one click offers? I sure could use a nandroid backup of a stock Spectrum! :)

There's a nandroid of the most recent software update which is v6 in the forum. V6 nandroid is easy to restore just follow the few directions. Also the v6 nandroid is pre rooted for your convenience. It's best to freezeunwanted apps as opposed to uninstalling them however u need tib pro or u can use ant tek app manager which is free.

Upvote 0

how do you reboot to CWM using Titanium backup? Where is the option?

Upvote 0
About a week ago I rooted my Spectrum with the AllinOn, and I left the Stock Rom on the phone. A few days ago I had the OTA pushed on my phone and was caught in a boot lop, applied the boot loop fix zip and it was fixed. I then used the AllinOne Unroot and Stock Recovery option and tried to download the update again, the phone still loaded into CWM and I had to reapply the boot loop fix. The phone is fine; I just can

Upvote 0
Some versions of the all-in-one do not have the correct stock recovery in them. Grab the recovery restore zip from the V4 nandroid thread and use that instead. (it's the zip you apply, not the nandroid). It is guaranteed to return you to stock recovery.

Thanks for the help, does it matter that the version of CWM left on the phone isn't touch?

Apparently not,thanks so much for the help!

Upvote 0
(newb Q) Posted earlier, had to use boot loop fix. I had/have stock ROM. Is there some reason why I can't just use the AllinOne to unroot, get the V6 update, then root again? Do I need to do stock recovery (if so, why?)?
Root is not stopping your update, having modified system files (aka your recovery) is. If you are not at stock, then at least one or more check will fail.

Upvote 0
(newb Q) Posted earlier, had to use boot loop fix. I had/have stock ROM. Is there some reason why I can't just use the AllinOne to unroot, get the V6 update, then root again? Do I need to do stock recovery (if so, why?)?

When i originally rooted in v4 I used bloatfreezer to freeze everything I didn't want. i didn't delete anything. When the update was first pushed, it tried to update on it's own (in middle of night) and failed, of course.

First, I unrooted, then tried the update; that didn't work. Then, I rooted and unfroze all apps. Then, unrooted. Then, successfully installed the update.

Now wondering (and probably has already been answered here and my apologies for asking again), will this one click root a v6 spectrum?

Upvote 0
When i originally rooted in v4 I used bloatfreezer to freeze everything I didn't want. i didn't delete anything. When the update was first pushed, it tried to update on it's own (in middle of night) and failed, of course.

First, I unrooted, then tried the update; that didn't work. Then, I rooted and unfroze all apps. Then, unrooted. Then, successfully installed the update.

Now wondering (and probably has already been answered here and my apologies for asking again), will this one click root a v6 spectrum?

Yah I was wondering the same thing

Upvote 0

Worked fine for me, had a bit of an issue with CWM, was rebooting to black screen, but left the phone off for a while and then it worked fine. My biggest problem with rooting was forgetting to turn USB debugging back on :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I was able to get my OTA update using both AllinOne and the v4_stock procedure and here are my notes:

I couldn't get the linux version to work, I have a different adb setup and need to start the daemon with a root term. Then the ./adb commands didn't work nor when I changed them to just adb; I also worried about the new hosts (the stock hosts comes from the xda developers site which I trust). I finally gave up and went to AllinOne and borrowed a windows laptop.

I just needed CWM because I had already rooted with Dan Rosenberg's script. The restore of v4_stock went fine but the install zip of stock_recovery_restorer.zip failed with E:signature verification failed. I then went to AllinOne to restore stock recovery which gave me the non-touch CWM, however, this was good because it was able to install zip stock_recovery_restorer.zip without error!

The OTA then went without any hitch. Returning to AllinOne, I decided to add menu item 0: Check your phone's connection (yeah, I'm an old burned out dinosaur developer) which simply runs a Files/adb devices as I was tired of opening a command line to do same.

I noticed my pattern enabled security was preventing the debugging mode until I swiped the pattern and this seemed to prevent the 2 for 1 click to root and CWM recovery (the reboot in between). All I needed to do was rerun the CWM recovery option by itself.

Thanks everyone for your help, work and insight! It's great to be able to return to stock! Ready for ICS!:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones