• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Only 85% battery?

Dezmondo

May 10, 2010
Hi guys,

I know that there are a lot of threads about the battery on the Desire, but I've done a search and couldn't find any that seemed to deal with my particular issue, so hope you can help and apologies if it's been mentioned before...

The problem I'm having is that when the battery reaches 15% (according to the battery life indicator, and the message that pops up saying "Battery is 15% or less. Please insert charger"), the phone shuts down as though the battery is completely dead. I can turn the phone on again, but the battery level then displays as 0% and the phone subsequently turns off again.
Is this something that I have accidentally turned on in the settings somewhere, or am I actually only getting 85% battery usage off each charge?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Dezmondo

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones