• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Open Downloaded Images

LXTG2

Lurker
May 5, 2017
Hi everybody. When I download an image with Chrome (Android) and open it, it opens IN the browser.
Is it possible to open it with and app gallery instead? I use Quickpic. Thanks.

This is how it looks:

Screenshot_20170505-121916.png

I just checked and it asks me with which app shall the image open. Perhaps, the default image viewer is set as Chrome in your phone. Change it with these steps (although depending on your phone & Android version, the steps might slightly differ):

Go into Settings and tap on Apps. Swipe left and right to change the list filtering between Downloaded apps, Running apps, or All apps. You will see the Defaults button where you can configure the app to use for opening images.

Reactions: touringhaggis
Upvote 0
I just checked and it asks me with which app shall the image open. Perhaps, the default image viewer is set as Chrome in your phone. Change it with these steps (although depending on your phone & Android version, the steps might slightly differ):

Go into Settings and tap on Apps. Swipe left and right to change the list filtering between Downloaded apps, Running apps, or All apps. You will see the Defaults button where you can configure the app to use for opening images.

It only lets me choose the default launcher, browser, phone app and sms app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones