• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Opinion on my battery life

daz_2000

Android Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2011
London, UK
Ok, wanted to gage opinion on what you guys think my battery life is like?

I have recently upgraded to XXKG5 via ODIN - and so far not noticed much difference in battery life compared to before. I am not rooted.

At time of writing 16:45 my battery has 23% left and I took it off charge around 6.30 this morning and was using it from 7.30am. I played music for around 30 mins in morning and watched a video on tube on the way to work for approx 35 mins. At work I listened to music for maybe 90 mins and have been browsing the internet using phandroid app on and off all day.

Wifi is on, 3g is off, I have tasker switch off 3g when wifi connects. It has disconnected from wifi as Ive moved around a fair bit all day too.

Brightness is set to 25% and has been like that all day, except for 10 minutes when I was showing a colleague photos.

No phone calls.

Battery usage is Display - 39% Android os - 28% Cell Standby - 12% Maps - 7% Android System 3%

What do you think ? Is this decent? Should I be getting more? Can I get more?

i think KG5 has a huge improvement too. i take my phone off charge in the morning, 8am. next morning, 8am, there's 38% remaining. this is with average use. bit of gaming, few phone calls, texts.. facebook, foursquare checkins.. wifi/3g/gps/background and auto sync all ON. screen at about 30% brightness. so basically, with a quick usb charge during the day, the battery will last from 8am yesterday to 11pm tonight.. thats pretty much 2 day.. with everything on. although i did do some monitoring and disable some autostart apps etc,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones