• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root opinions wanted bb 0.7.4

jxker

Android Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2010
New england
I have been using this for awhile now and though quite happy, overclocked to 850...dont notice a difference when i push it for more....., i wouldnt mind trying something new that isnt buggy and with added features...anybody out there moved on from this rom without looking back???
oh the only bad feature is Everything loads on boot and until i kill the appz with atk it lags a little...no other complaints though so whats the benefit of another upgrade???

Why not just stay with Pete.. go to his 2.1 ROM.

[ROM] Bugless Beast V0.7 (ESE53 Beta) New Patchers Available! 3/10/10

You'll have to do a full wipe and Nandroid restore... but when you all done setting it up... and getting the optional Smoked Glass Theme installed, (now via easy install via update.zip), you'll be on the latest and greatest.

Check out the link and read up... I've pushed everything to my phone... Chevy's SS, Ulitmate Droid's 2.1 ESE53, and Pete's v7.... using a multitude of different kernels ... with and without JIT... and so far I'm finding Pete's to be the most stable running Adamz new LV kernel... battery life seems decently improved... and it doesn't run as hot as she use to run.

After that check out Chevy's: [ROM] Simply Stunning 2.0.2 Release - ESE53 2.1 - (3/9/2010)

And Blackdroids as well: Ultimate Droid 6.0 (ESE53 Base) - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Reactions: jxker
Upvote 0
I was close. Many suns ago I was on BB 0.7.5 and made the easy move to 1.1 (still a 2.0.1 base ROM). Yesterday I took the plunge and made the not-so-easy move to BB 0.7 (a 2.1 base ROM).

I will not look back. Even without the overclocking kernels, it is super-stable, lightning fast and beautiful. Plus, hey: it's 2.1! So I am sitting pretty for awhile until 2.2 or even 3.1 comes out.

I put down my anchor and intend to stay right here. I highly recommend it.

Upvote 0
BBeast was what made me want to root, and I've been a happy man ever since. But each ROM I've used afterward have gotten better and better. Just DLed BlackDroid's Ultimate Droid 7.0 and it's the fastest and most responsive ROM I've used yet (currently using AdamZ's 1200 kernel...1300 would boot loop).

I don't think you can really go wrong w/ any ROM. These guys and there beta testers are working overtime to put out the best possible ROMs.

Upvote 0
The ONLY "bug" I have noticed with Bugless Beast 0.7 so far is that, when docking into the docking cradle, I was given a choice of either "clock" or "multimedia station". I thought the multimedia station was what I wanted, but it force closed every time I opened it. Select instead the "clock" and check it to use that as default. It's the exact same thing, as far as I can see, and it works brilliantly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones