• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

optimising loop

mosko

May 31, 2021
hi my vodafone smart mini 7 with marshmellow 6
had a optimising loop so i did a factory reset when it rebooted
it was still optimising some times it shows 1 of 66 then restarts
sometimes it completes 1 to 100 now its 1 of 68 its been 4 hours now will this eventually boot to normal
cheers

hi my vodafone smart mini 7 with marshmellow 6
had a optimising loop so i did a factory reset when it rebooted
it was still optimising some times it shows 1 of 66 then restarts
sometimes it completes 1 to 100 now its 1 of 68 its been 4 hours now will this eventually boot to normal
cheers
looks like your phone just crapped out. this thing came out in 2016! looks like it is time to upgrade. phones are designed to last 3-4 years. yours is waaaaaay past that.

Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
Upvote 0
Odd, some phones can last well. My spare is an Infocus IN610 on Jellybean. the (removable) 400mAh battery still holds a full charge and the only niggle is that some apps are no longer compatible. But as long as I don't Factory reset it, currently installed apps work well. my main use for it is as a 2nd phone (different SIM) and as dedicated GPS .

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
Upvote 0
That's a really dated model, might be time to just start shopping around for a new or newer phone.
https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/b24c404a
It was a budget-class phone even its day, so compared to even current budget-class phones it's really lacking. It's not just Google that dropped supporting Marshmallow years ago, there's dwindling to no support by third-party developers for the apps you might be using, all on top a inevitable system resource drawbacks on a hardware level. You can continue to waste time trying to repair it and then keep this phone running but I'd recommend you instead start looking forward and just buy a new one.

That boot looping issue you're seeing as your phone is trying to 'optimize' itself is likely to be a sign the installed Android operating system is corrupted in some way. Keep in mind a Factory Reset does not affect the operating system directly, all it involves is wiping the user data partition clean. So since you did do a Factory Reset, that 'optimizing' message you still see is probably a reference to the Android Runtime that's integral to the Android install itself.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Runtime
If that is the case, in order to reinstall the operating system you need to re-flash the firmware with an appropriate stock ROM. It's not a necessarily difficult thing to do, but it require you to be comfortable doing such things. But again, this is a really dated model so just getting a new phone that you don't have to fight with might work out better.

Upvote 0
That's a really dated model, might be time to just start shopping around for a new or newer phone.
https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/b24c404a
It was a budget-class phone even its day, so compared to even current budget-class phones it's really lacking. It's not just Google that dropped supporting Marshmallow years ago, there's dwindling to no support by third-party developers for the apps you might be using, all on top a inevitable system resource drawbacks on a hardware level. You can continue to waste time trying to repair it and then keep this phone running but I'd recommend you instead start looking forward and just buy a new one.

That boot looping issue you're seeing as your phone is trying to 'optimize' itself is likely to be a sign the installed Android operating system is corrupted in some way. Keep in mind a Factory Reset does not affect the operating system directly, all it involves is wiping the user data partition clean. So since you did do a Factory Reset, that 'optimizing' message you still see is probably a reference to the Android Runtime that's integral to the Android install itself.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Runtime
If that is the case, in order to reinstall the operating system you need to re-flash the firmware with an appropriate stock ROM. It's not a necessarily difficult thing to do, but it require you to be comfortable doing such things. But again, this is a really dated model so just getting a new phone that you don't have to fight with might work out better.
cheers for your help i will get a new phone

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Odd, some phones can last well. My spare is an Infocus IN610 on Jellybean. the (removable) 400mAh battery still holds a full charge and the only niggle is that some apps are no longer compatible. But as long as I don't Factory reset it, currently installed apps work well. my main use for it is as a 2nd phone (different SIM) and as dedicated GPS .
i only use a phone to make & recieve calls so a budget one is all i need

Reactions: Davdi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones