• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Optimizing Apps

masx

Lurker
Dec 23, 2014
Hey, can't find any solution to the Android is Optimizing Apps problem that seems only on Motorola phones. It happens a lot on my Moto G and cannot be stopped, often taking 30 minutes to finish. I have 40 apps but it optimizes 72 and cannot be shut off or rebooted during the process and you can't even make a 9-1-1 call!
If I could pop out the battery like on my old Defy, I could stop it.

This phone has become literally dangerous because I need to make 9-1-1 calls to paramedics and the phone is out of use totally! Could be a life threatening situation!

Most people with LG, iPhones or Samsungs seem never to have heard of such a thing.
This is my last Motorola phone as they don't even seem to even acknowledge the problem!
Charging plugged in or not, it still does it. So that advice is useless. And it seems large if you look at most forums with people trying to find an answer.

I think now it would be a mistake to buy a Motorola phone.
Anyone have new ideas how to make it work like a real phone?

Welcome to Android Forums.

This was posted in the original Droid forum. If you tell us what model of Moto G you have we can move this to the forum dedicated to discussing it.

Did you Wipe Cache Partition deleting all temporary files and not touching permanent files, installed apps, or settings? If can become contaminated over time and cause all manner of problems.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones