• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Optimus V can't place or receive calls

jerrykun

Lurker
Apr 19, 2012
Good morning! I've got an odd issue for you.

I've been using my Optimus V unactivated for quite a while, waiting for my Verizon service to expire. Just yesterday, I performed a full factory reset (unrooted) and activated with Virgin mobile.

Without checking to verify I could place calls, I rooted and flashed Harmonia 2. I tried to place a call last night, and get a message that I need to top up because there's no money in my account.

First of all, I've paid the $35, and second, both 3G and text are working perfectly!

So, I used the security update to flash back to full stock and called customer service, who just had me reactivate the phone 3 times to no avail. They insisted that I need to wait for a text message that should have come in telling me I can make calls.

No message yet, still can't make calls. Any ideas? I just want my phone to work as a phone. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones