• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Optimus V gaming with overclock...

in my case with aphrodite 1.0 and antutu cpu master free i can get up to 864 and it only reboots when using the camera(but it does overheat) :D, so i just leave it at 844 and its super fast.
one question: with these settings can i run games meant for armv7 cpus or is that pushing it?

Upvote 0
im sorta newbish but i have an optimus v and it has a custom rom and can overclock to 864 stably with no reboots or freezes.is it safe to have it at 864 or could i fry my phone like that?
You'll probably want to watch the temperature. SetCPU lets you create profiles, including one for speed if the temp goes over a certain number. That way you can have it automatically throttle down if it gets too hot. I've so far only had my overclocked phone get hot once, and that was when it was lying on the dash of the car, so it was hot there anyway.

I'm now using the aosp CM7 ROM, and I like it a LOT. My phone is only stable at 787 with this ROM. But that's fine, and I'm getting great battery life lately. (Where "great" is defined as "it lasts at least until I get home from work." :)

Reactions: mtndew948
Upvote 0
thank you for the help,i know this has nothing to do with this forum but i was wondering if it is safe to enter credit card numbers to buy apps from android market?
If you mean creating a Google Checkout account and entering your number there, I would say, yes, it's as safe as any other online transaction. I would not enter a credit card number directly into an app, however, if one prompted you to do so.

Upvote 0
thank you for the help,i know this has nothing to do with this forum but i was wondering if it is safe to enter credit card numbers to buy apps from android market?
Just to be on the safe side go to WalMart and purchase a WalMart Green Dot credit card. Put however much you think your going to spend on apps and no more(they can't get what isn't on the card).It only cost $3 something to load it.

Reactions: mtndew948
Upvote 0
The only problem is I can't get her to swap phones with me.

...bwahahaaha

Just to be on the safe side go to WalMart and purchase a WalMart Green Dot credit card. Put however much you think your going to spend on apps and no more(they can't get what isn't on the card).It only cost $3 something to load it.

Thats how I have mine setup. Good ol' greendot :p

Upvote 0
I have rooted phone running stock. Bought setcpu anf
Fastest the app will go is 600 mhz with performance setting.
How are you getting faster clock speeds? Do I need to install a
custom rom also? Can you recommend best stable rom for
lg optimus v? Thanks in advance.
Yes, you'll have to install a custom ROM; the stock kernel is not overclockable. I'm still using the aospCMod ROM, and I've been very happy with it. I understand it is not being updated currently, though, so most people are using the BACKside ROM now, I think.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones