• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange Customers

ForestLaw

Aug 7, 2009
Two questions.

To anyone who purchased the phone direct from Orange, is there anything on the phone which isn't included on an unbranded handset? Like, Orange Maps etc.

Mainly though, I'm just wondering if theres anyway to check my minutes and data useage through a dedicated Orange application. Sim ToolKit looked like it might do the job but it only comes up with useful Orange numbers. I know I can call 150 for free to check and I've also got NetSentry to keep track of the data but do branded Orange handsets come up with any alternatives, like how T-Mobile offer a MyAccount app? I bought my unbranded handset from the Carphone Warehouse with an Orange sim so I'm just curious.

ThankYou.

There's a webpage (free to view) which keeps track of data and minutes. Perhaps texts too if you choose a plan with a limited number of texts.

As far as I know that's the only difference. I would have thought you'd be able to access that page just by using your sim and Orange's Data though. I'm not sure what they may've done to the software, but on Boot you get an Orange Logo briefly, other than that, pass. Orange Maps is not included.

Upvote 0
The Orange website is rubbish as far as i'm concerned and i told them so over the phone when i tried to find out various details about my tariff and account that i could have easily checked for myself had the options been available to me on the net. The fact is, they aren't and so therefore you have to call them up to ask... pointless.

Upvote 0
The Orange website is rubbish as far as i'm concerned and i told them so over the phone when i tried to find out various details about my tariff and account that i could have easily checked for myself had the options been available to me on the net. The fact is, they aren't and so therefore you have to call them up to ask... pointless.

what is it exactly you couldn't do? as between the portal and the website you can check usage including call costs since last bill, add magic numbers, pay your bill or setup a direct debit, change your service plan, add bundles, change your address, get your best plan review, check when your contract ends and when you can upgrade your handset and a bit more I cant think of right now...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones