• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Orange debrand? On official v2.2 Orange at mo

MrMister

Nov 15, 2010
I have an Orange UK i5801. I've just officially updated to v2.2, and am about to buy a network unlock code to use phone on all networks.

What I'd also like to do is to debrand it of all e Orange stuff which I won't use. Is this possible in an easy to do way, and also keep v2.2?

I don't want to root it or anything unofficial like that though, just a basic way to debrand it all.

Cheers

I have an Orange UK i5801. I've just officially updated to v2.2, and am about to buy a network unlock code to use phone on all networks.

What I'd also like to do is to debrand it of all e Orange stuff which I won't use. Is this possible in an easy to do way, and also keep v2.2?

I don't want to root it or anything unofficial like that though, just a basic way to debrand it all.

Cheers

Sorry but the only way to debrand is to root your phone and remove the apk's which are "branding" your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones