• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange Desire vs Orange Desire Black

What is the actual difference between the normal Desire vs the Black Desire ?

I have the normal one, stock rom 2.2 froyo but over the past few weeks it got scratched by my cousin and it just didnt look all that anymore and I complained to orange about the shit memory and shit battery so they are sending me a Black one

Are the differences just cosmetic as in just the colour or is it also with the software etc ?

The black one is black

That's it

The Bravo board is the same in both phones, difference is cosmetic only with some exceptions! When the Desire was new the black was exclusive to Orange customers, I think that's changed now but the guts are the same, only the one you'll get back from Orange will probably be a reconditioned model, will be locked to the Orange network and will be full of Orange bloatware.

Sorry.

Upvote 0
The Bravo board is the same in both phones, difference is cosmetic only with some exceptions! When the Desire was new the black was exclusive to Orange customers, I think that's changed now but the guts are the same, only the one you'll get back from Orange will probably be a reconditioned model, will be locked to the Orange network and will be full of Orange bloatware.

Sorry.

That's it in a nutshell..... but is looks nicer !!

Upvote 0

lol. I've just read that back and I've quoted the wrong person again! :p

Upvote 0
Weird thing is Im not even insured and yet the give me phones :/

I signed a 2 year contract with a hero a week before the desire came out, and after a few months of claiming "signal issues" they offered me a blackberry, desire or iphone as a free upgrade 4 months into my new one. Im like one of those nagging customers who is never satisfied.

And btw, whats the best back up app for non rooted phones ?

Upvote 0
"All Orange phones' software has been specially tailored to enhance your enjoyment of our services. Share and enjoy!"

that just made me die a little inside lol....reminded me of my oh so lovely time with orange and an extremely HORRIBLE LG Renoir.....the phone was great but oh my god did I want to put my head through the wall because of the orange crap on it...subscription maps....'music' service....*shudders*

it should be in the Geneva Convention or something to outlaw Orange software :D

Upvote 0
This post has some instructions. They were aimed at a slightly different problem, so point 4 isn't quite what you want, but otherwise should be what you are asking for.

Note that as I permanently rooted before this came out, I've never tried it myself.

OT but,

The removal of system apps works for some and not for others. Its the whole s-off thing.

1 guy said it rebooted after deleting every app, so I guess that was doing it outside of the android environment and was successful.

Back on Topic, yes you can backup with the temp root fine, no problems.

Upvote 0
Weird thing is Im not even insured and yet the give me phones :/

I signed a 2 year contract with a hero a week before the desire came out, and after a few months of claiming "signal issues" they offered me a blackberry, desire or iphone as a free upgrade 4 months into my new one. Im like one of those nagging customers who is never satisfied.

And btw, whats the best back up app for non rooted phones ?

I'd have had the iphone............................

Sold it on Ebay and bought a sim free desire for cash ;o)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones