• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Orange UK RUU

Any luck D-U-R-X?

Phil - I've just been having a quick look and come across the following

How old is the phone? If it's over 6 months, Orange won't touch it, in which case you send it to HTC and they don't need or care about the Stock Orange RUU, just a stock HTC RUU.

which came from this thread - Orange UK .ruu /rom? - Page 3 - xda-developers

Let me know if this helps... I will still have a look to see if I can find an Orange branded RUU when I get in! :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I returned mine to HTC uprooted but with the stock HTC RUU. It came back with working GPS and proximity sensor :) and an Orange ROM :(

So I finally took the plunge and rooted it. I've never looked back.

NB. Take EVERYTHING off the phone. Sim, battery, sdcard, BATTERY AND SIM COVERS. It comes back naked. I forgot to remove the covers so had to wait whilst they posted new ones. I lost the Orange logo though, which was appropriate since it is now unlocked and unbranded (and running ICS).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones