• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orby TV anyone?

I've heard about Orby TV and decided to check them out. Frankly, they sound too good to be true!

Their $40/month package includes 150-something local channels--most of which I don't get with DirecTV. It also includes the specific, small handful of cable channels I routinely watch. It would be completely satisfactory for me.

I can't tell from their site if their DVRs are whole-house; that's a very important feature for me.

Even factoring in the cost of installation--which I deduce there is, since they install the dish, but you own it--and additional charges for DVRs/receivers, it still looks better, price-wise, than DirecTV. But I don't know! I haven't changed providers since 1993, and I'm a bit wary.

DirecTV may be overpriced, but its service is excellent, both in terms of the actual service/programming and its US-based customer support. I don't want to lose that caliber of service.

Does anyone have personal experience with Orby? Would you recommend it?

Reactions: MrJavi
Crappy signal when you get incliment weather....
Oh, I know all about inclement weather--I had the misfortune of living in Tornado Alley for years. :rolleyes:

But now I'm going to count how many times, since moving home to SoCal in 2006, 'rain fade' [losing the signal] has happened on DirecTV. Ready? Okay, here we go: 1...2... Yep, a whopping TWO times! And neither time caused a full outage, just a few moments of choppy play. The other 99.99% of the time? Rock-solid service with crystal-clear pictures. I'm happy--other than its price. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones