• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA 2.1 contact number defaulting to facebook home numbers when linked

iandroidian

Nov 23, 2009
I am not sure if this came up in one of the topics, but I may have missed it.

For the past week, I noticed some of my contact priority number was defaulting to the number I least call. This morning, while trying to figure how to make priority changes, I noticed it was due to linking it to facebook.

I linked my wife's info with her facebook and the priority number (mobile) pushed it to her home number information she has on her facebook account. So instead of me just going to click on my wife's name or say a command to call wife, I have to scroll to find the number I want to call.

I there a fix for this to let us set the priorities?

Thanks

I have the same problem! Except I'm having issues with duplicate phone numbers because I have the number I originally put in there, plus their Facebook information.

I have another contact who is paranoid and puts a fake number in his Facebook. And I can't send text messages to 190832045723409.

Hope someone who can help replies to this thread soon.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem! Except I'm having issues with duplicate phone numbers because I have the number I originally put in there, plus their Facebook information.

I have another contact who is paranoid and puts a fake number in his Facebook. And I can't send text messages to 190832045723409.

Hope someone who can help replies to this thread soon.

I found the fix for this.

People>Name of contact>
Select the number you want to use as primary by pressing and holding it for a second or two, then an option will pop up [call;new message;set as primary number;set as speed dial]

Setting it as primary number does the trick.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones