• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA update on a rooted phone...

Masonator

Oct 31, 2008
Word up...

I've done a little search and couldn't see if this has already been posted... so...

I've rooted my phone using the jesusfreke RC9 build. Will this block me getting the 1.5 upgrade OTA? If so, anyone have any idea when the JF 1.5 build will be out?

Cheers guys.

Thanks RozzaC, yeah it is on these forums, i was just searching for the wrong things.... turns out i wont get the update, but there are updates already available for rooted phones....

Now i need to find out if the current 1.5 updates for rooted phones that are out there are feature complete, stable and which one is the best....

Upvote 0
Thanks RozzaC, yeah it is on these forums, i was just searching for the wrong things.... turns out i wont get the update, but there are updates already available for rooted phones....

Now i need to find out if the current 1.5 updates for rooted phones that are out there are feature complete, stable and which one is the best....

Well if I remember correctly with the RC9 (or RC33 in US) update...

Eventually...someone will post the OTA update somewhere so you can download it and put it on your phone...

Upvote 0
The fun part is those of us that are waiting for JF to release his because I'm currently running RC33 with the Apps>SD mod and I figure why not just stick with what worked before.

I'm patient since we all only waited since what Last year? ;)

Haykuro and The Dude both have excellent releases out right now... however these are based on the magic but works great I am running ADP1.5 by Haykuro....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones