• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTT M8S TV BOX scrambled picture

Cam Gibb

Lurker
Nov 10, 2012
HDMI of tv detects it on hdmi 2 cause tv brief popup changes from 1080i hdmi 1 to 720i on hdmi 2. Ethernet flashing back of box. Picture is scrambled diagonal lines. Pulled ethernet, turned off/on to let use Wifi. Same. Haven't seem any posts yet of scrambled picture. Some said black screen on 1 tv but other tv in house fine. So seems some tvs have issues with it ? My tv is a DYNEX 32" LCD 720p model DX-32L220A12 . Inexpensive model. Maybe that be the prob ? Or cable tv net router provider somehow not allowing such device a clean signal ? Doubtful since a pc has been used to stream from similar sites. This box was loaned to me just to try. Older 1 gb version. He tested it at home. He thinks it may need reprograming. I'm wondering if it's a matter of allowable device, like when past troubleshooting pc net access, noticed ethernet card properties needs to get acceptance from net server showing as 'lease obtained' , etc. ? Maybe like Facebook has security settings as to recognized allowed devices ? Maybe with this box not looking like 1 of my pcs or wifi android cell, it's being rejected ? I kinda doubt it since the light at back of box indicating ethernet traffic, flashes. Seems mostly something to do with tv accepting the 720i and preset box refresh rate. I don't see anything in tv screen menu settings that would effect this. Ideas ?

Sounds like might be a compatibility issue. Can your TV do 1080 HD, some older ones can't, and are 720 only. Of course if you can't see a steady picture, you can't look into settings in the box.Do you have another TV you could try?
Thx for taking time to respond. No other tv. Mine says on box 720p. It must auto correct and fill screen for higher as when I switch between cable channels on hdmi 1 from cable box, it shows 1080i for some channels and 720 something for others. When I switch it to hdmi 2 droid, it's brief pop up says hdmi 2 720p. Does that need to be 720i ? I dunno
Sounds like might be a compatibility issue. Can your TV do 1080 HD, some older ones can't, and are 720 only. Of course if you can't see a steady picture, you can't look into settings in the box.Do you have another TV you could try?
Thx for taking time to respond. No other tv. Mine says on box 720p. It must auto correct and fill screen for higher as when I switch between cable channels on hdmi 1 from cable box, it shows 1080i for some channels and 720 something for others. When I switch it to hdmi 2 droid, it's brief pop up says hdmi 2 720p. Does that need to be 720i ? I dunno if any diff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones