• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Outgoing Email Settings Requiring Sign-In

inshead

Lurker
Nov 7, 2010
I have a customer with a Motorola Droid X. He has an email that is hosted to webzero.com that originally has worked on his original Motorola Droid.

I spoke with support from webzero.com and they state that he needs to use smtp.webzero.com with port 25 but not to use any sign-in credentials. The thing is, the Droid X does not give an option like the original Droid did to turn on/off 'Requires Sign-In'. So with this Droid X, it is auto-populating his username and causing outgoing emails to fail every time.

Motorola is currently closed (And honestly would be no help for me) and I wanted to get some feedback on a possible solution or work around with possibly a third party application for his Droid X.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones