• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Outlook bug in Android

RaviKOtsuka

Lurker
Sep 19, 2017
If you are forwarded an invite, it does not show up in your Outlook Calendar in Android Phone.
Here is how to reproduce the bug:

Your friend John has invited Mary for a meeting. Mary wants you in the meeting and fwd her invite to you. You accept it. That will show in your calendar in the computer. But Outlook/Android will not show that meeting.

Android version: 6.0.1
Outlook on Android version: 2.2.17 (224) mainline

If you are forwarded an invite, it does not show up in your Outlook Calendar in Android Phone.
Here is how to reproduce the bug:

Your friend John has invited Mary for a meeting. Mary wants you in the meeting and fwd her invite to you. You accept it. That will show in your calendar in the computer. But Outlook/Android will not show that meeting.

Android version: 6.0.1
Outlook on Android version: 2.2.17 (224) mainline
==
Also I tested this on iOS (iphone) and the bug is not there.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a bug or issue with Microsoft's Outlook app for Android and Microsoft got to fix it, possibly with an update. Besides iPhone I suspect it works no problem on Windows Phone as well.

MS Support has told me to eff myself as this is how it works in Android. Nice. And then they wonder why MS products are no longer liked as they use to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones