• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Outlook connection broken after Marshmallow 6.0 update

My Galaxy S6 just updated to Marshmallow, and after doing so I noticed that my connection to my Hotmail/Outlook accounts has been broken (or at least damaged). Here are three things I've seen:
  • My Outlook contacts no longer appear - not all of them, but a lot of them. So when I go into my text messages, all I see are phone numbers and not the name of the contact who wrote. And when I go into contacts, there are many people I can't find
  • My syncing among calendars is off - I have two outlook accounts syncing on my phone and I can't get the appointments I make on my phone to register with them (I can sync one way on one account, and the other way on the other, but not both ways on both)
  • My emails for both Outlook accounts don't sync anymore
When I go into settings and accounts, both accounts look good and active and have all of the sync buttons turned on. I've chosen 'Sync now' on both, and it shows a Last Synced date of when I do so, but that doesn't help. I thought about deleting and reinstalling the accounts but was afraid that that wouldn't associate the numbers that I see in my text messages with the account names (and I'd be left to have to link all of them) or would double up the accounts already there.

Can someone please help on what I can do to fix this?

Interestingly, my work email and calendar, which is on Outlook there, works fine. It's just my personal Hotmail/outlook accounts that are buggy.

Thanks!

Dan

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones