• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OV for 99.99 on Amazon, or 103.99 on Virgin Mobile

I got mine at Best Buy on Feb 3rd for $99 plus I had them set it up so I got a $50 gift card (offer has since passed I think but they do have other $50 gift card offers). My LG O V, one month service + a ZAGG screen shield was $115 total. (Edit: that $115 includes local taxes.)

I've since rooted it but haven't messed with the ROM or anything, just got rid of a ton of that VM crap and other apps that bug me. I'm a former IT manager and it drives me nuts all this stuff that decide to load without reason. I need a better task manager I guess before I decide to jump into fully redoing it's core. I digress.

Hi! New here.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If you buy one now, setup an price alert in Price Protectr - Save Money With Price Alerts!. I would watch Target, BB, Amazon, or whatever other sellers of the V. This way you can take advantage of the 30 day price protection most sellers offer when buying products.

FYI: Amazon is selling it for $95 with free shipping as of this post. No need to be a Prime member either

Amazon.com: LG Optimus Prepaid Android Phone (Virgin Mobile): Cell Phones & Accessories

We got ours through that Amazon deal. Took only 4 days to get them. Heading out for a WI FI hotspot on Wednesday to give 'em a whirl..... I'm absolutely GIDDY!!!:D

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums COflower. :)

Check out ES File Explorer for your file needs.

Right on, Atmazz. Mucho appreciated.

This is my first smartphone and so far, I am really liking the phone itself. I had an LG 300 on Net10 before this which I never used because I don't make many calls (the phone part is mostly insurance in case I need a tow, older car) but the Optimus V is with me 24/7 now. It's my alarm, my MP3 player (must figure out how to get the headest/3.5 mm port LOUDer), check Facebook, play a game, etc. Not as thrilled with the 3G as I would have liked, streaming Pandora in the car is kind of annoying with the buffering but that's okay. Also, I pretty much have it connected to my network at home and at work. I just need to set it up to hit my POP 3 accounts and I will probably use it even more.

I joke that if it were human, it would be my BFF. The price was right for me at Best Buy. I gather they will probably do that again pretty soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones