• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Overall impressions of the Eris after 6-months

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Just thought I'd share my overall impressions of the Eris over the course of the past half year that I've been using it.

The Eris SHOULD be a decent phone. It has a lot more going for it than some give it credit for, but the nagging issues just drove me crazy. I am hoping that someone looking to save a few dollars will at least help me recoup my investment a bit through eBay. All that being said, here's my take on the phone:

What I LIKED:

- HTC Sense on Android is awesome and my favorite smartphone os.

- Nice size and design. Easily pocket-able and comfortable in the hand

- Lots of features of higher-end smartphones: Accelerometer, proximity sensor, Gmail Sync, good browser, navigation on 2.1

- Call quality is good when it is working

Now for the DISLIKES:

- Everyone knows that the processor was dated from the get go. Amazingly, HTC made sense run pretty darn smoothly on it. It seemed to improve even further with the 2.1 update. Unfortunately, there is an annoying lag at certain times, especially when using the camera as well as texting and browsing.

- Yes, it's a smartphone, but let's face it, the battery is weak.

- The thing takes forever to hang up a call

- Dead air issues every couple days since the 2.1 update. argh.

- Have now had to do a hard reset twice because the phone wouldn't give me any signal.

- Can't wait to have a bigger screen because it is just so hard to type correct sentences on it, even with auto-correct

- Since 2.1 update, the 'Clock-weather' widget sometimes doesn't update the city or show weather info

So yeah, it was enough to push me over the edge and get the Incredible. From everything I am hearing, the Incredible is really what the Eris aspired to be. Sorry to all who are stuck in your contracts for longer. What do you think, would you or are you going to upgrade to the Incredible?

I'm going to go ahead and close this before it can even get started. The only thing this thread will do is start an argument.

@ OP

I'm glad you have a phone you like and even happier that it is still an Android. However, posting a "review" of your old phone while also saying that you are sorry for the rest of us that are "stuck" and can't get the new one you have is pretty bad form.

Thread Closed

Reactions: Hercules
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones