• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

overclocking question?

Yup - I would back it down to 710 -
Thats 104 F - and is a bit warm for MY comfort zone.

LOL, just so you know, my phone often runs at or above 104 F during the summer, :rolleyes: as the daily highs here in AZ are over 100 F from June till Oct!!! :( so I don't personally think 104 is too high, if the phone is running right, as andy mentioned.

(and I don't even have to look at the phone to know it is over 104 F!!!) :D

Upvote 0
I've only gotten one freeze since overclocking. been running at 768 for about two weeks. I actually got the freeze today while typing the earlier msg. that's what worried me, very ironic. anyway, I backed down to 748 and it hasn't gone over 95 F.

something else I was wondering. is it normal for me to have to press the power button twice to get the phone to wake up? my screen off setting is at 245 - 480, on demand. am I doing something wrong?

Upvote 0
I've only gotten one freeze since overclocking. been running at 768 for about two weeks. I actually got the freeze today while typing the earlier msg. that's what worried me, very ironic. anyway, I backed down to 748 and it hasn't gone over 95 F.

something else I was wondering. is it normal for me to have to press the power button twice to get the phone to wake up? my screen off setting is at 245 - 480, on demand. am I doing something wrong?

Probably bump the 245 up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones