• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Overheating Or Rebooting Issue

Magstuff

Lurker
Jul 13, 2010
Is anyone else having an issue with their phone overheating and rebooting or just rebooting? I think it is an overheating issue simply because it only seems to happen when I talk on the phone or surf the web for more than 10 to 15 minutes. My phone will just shut off. The screen goes black and after a few minutes the white screen appears that says HTC EVO 4G it will vibrate and then cut off again. It will constantly do this until I finally pull the battery let it sit like that for 10 minutes or so, then put the battery back in and it will boot up like it should.

yeah i had that same issue. i had a hw004 phone and it would get warmer then normal and reboot. it used to be when i was using the internet or gps. but then it would get more and more frequent for no reason at all. i took it in to sprint and showed the tech by running sprint gps, google navigation and pandora, and was able to get it to reboot. so they ordered a refurbished evo. it has been a few months now and no issues so far.

Upvote 0
well it is a possibilty. when i took my phone in the tech at first reset my phone. it did seem to work but then as i was leaving it rebooted again so i took it back in. so what i'm just saying is that one of the techs troubleshooting for an unrooted phone is to do a reset and see. if it is still rebooting then you can take it in. just keep in mind that a hard reset will delete everything on your phone. so backup accordingly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones