• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pandora w/ Bluetooth

PiERiT

Oct 4, 2012
Having some trouble using my Bluetooth headset in Pandora. In short, after a song finishes, there's a 15~30 second delay before the next song starts. The audio will also skip/freeze frequently.

This does not happen in the Music app with Bluetooth, nor does it happen with wired ear buds in Pandora. Lastly, if I keep my screen on 100% of the time while using Pandora, it does not happen, but that eats up my battery.

Sounds like something is happening on my phone when the screen shuts off, but I don't know what it could be. My Wi-Fi is set to Always On, but I don't think that's it anyways since it doesn't happen with ear buds. I am running a custom ROM, but it happened completely stock as well. Any ideas?

No luck with any of that either.

I downloaded Slacker Radio, and it seems to work better than Pandora, but it will still frequently fail to load the next song. When it fails, there's a feint clicking sound on my headset immediately after the song that just finished. The sound also occurs with Pandora.

I can reproduce this 100% of the time with two headsets, two phones, two ROMs, and two applications, yet the plain Music app works flawlessly. It's driving me nuts that I can't figure it out. I appreciate your guys' help.

Upvote 0
Pandora works fine with my LG HBS 700 Bluetooth stereo headset. It doesn't seem to matter whether the screen is on or not it takes 5 to 15 seconds to load a song (usually about 8 seconds). I am running Midnight ROM 1.3.3.

Try each of these steps one at a time, then try Pandora after each one.
1- Pull battery.
2- Uninstall Pandora reboot and re-install from fresh download.
3- Uninstall half of all the apps you don't need to run Pandora. Then try Pandora.
4- Without reinstalling the the apps from step 3 uninstall the rest of your apps.
Note- If step 3 or 4 fixes the problem reinstall half of the apps you removed in step 3 or 4 (which ever step worked) and try again. Keep dividing the number of uninstalled apps in half until you find the problem app. For example if you had uninstalled 100 apps then first you would reinstall 50 of them and try Pandora, then reinstall 25 of the 50 remaining uninstalled apps, then 12, then 6, etc.
Titanium Backup has a freeze function that lets you freeze apps instead of uninstalling them, much less hassle.
5- Go back to stock ROM.
6- Decide that you like waiting between songs... it gives you time to get in touch with your inner zen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones