• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

partial UI reset while streaming video

CJSF

Lurker
Sep 24, 2012
When I stream video via my Chrome browser, after 15 minutes or so my UI starts to partially reset. It starts by the top status bar vanishing and the soft keys at the bottom(triangle, circle, square) disappearing and the display expanding to fill their spaces. Then the status bar and soft keys come back once or twice before vanishing again. Then the display puts itself on the lock screen, so I have to swipe to unlock the phone. Once I do that, my screen wallpaper defaults to factory. I am able to reset it to my preferred image. No other settings seem to be reset, just the wallpaper. The phone has not done anything like this in any other apps or websites. Only when streaming video. What do you think it is?

Thanks,
CJSF

It sounds like Full screen cycling on and off in a loop, but with a lock screen twist.

1st time I've heard of anything like that.
Download any new video players lately? Are you using a new streaming site?

If not try a factory reset.

No, no video players lately. It started doing it with embedded video in my Tumblr app now, too. I haven't used the YouTube app much since this started, so maybe I'll test that, too. The phone is probably getting past its useful life anyway and I've dropped it about 30 times. Might be time for an upgrade anyway!

CJSF

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones