• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help (partial) wake lock / spare parts / battery history

royal23

Jun 8, 2010
hi

on my previous phone HTC Desire I had an app called Spare Parts.
in that app I could look at Battery History.
That Battery History would then show me the (partial) wake lock by app, i.e. which app would prevent the phone from a proper sleep, which is draining the battery.

I have now installed Spare Parts on my SG2 (running ICS), but Battery History doesn't work (app crashes).

How can I find out which of my apps is draining the battery by having a wake lock?
Reason I ask is that my battery has been draining much faster than it used to, and in the battery graph I can see that it's almost constantly awake; that's despite the screen being off for hours on end.

When the screen is off, I expect nothing in the "awake" bar to show.

Does someone have any advice?

For those of you interested in battery saving, BetterBatteryStats from the Play store is an ideal monitor to show you which app's, process's and wakelocks are eating up your battery.

Here are some useful battery saving tips.

Also some advice on known battery drainers.

Hi,
Better battery stats is free in the XDA forum it says. Is that version any different from the one in the play store? Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones