• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Partitioning sd card

Hey rx,if I upgrade from ext3 to ext4,will it format my SD again??

And also,if i upgrade to ext4 will a2sd still work if the Rom doesn't support ext4? Thank you master. LOL :)

If memory serves me correctly going from 3 to 4 is a conversion and not a format. so that should be ok (should have backups anyway) also if the Rom does not support it then it will not work.

For the Op you should format the SDCARD after You Root and After you have Amon RA installed. Before you flash a ROM

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
If memory serves me correctly going from 3 to 4 is a conversion and not a format. so that should be ok (should have backups anyway) also if the Rom does not support it then it will not work.

For the Op you should format the SDCARD after You Root and After you have Amon RA installed. Before you flash a ROM

want to echo the Amon RA recovery bit. are you just going to unlock via htcdev, or do a full root? if you fullly root, using captthrowbacks guide..then unrevoked, be sure to note that unrevoked will put Clockworkmod recovery on the phone..even if you flashed amon RA first..

I partitioned w/ cwm my first root, and it didnt quite work well...amon RA is the way to go

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
want to echo the Amon RA recovery bit. are you just going to unlock via htcdev, or do a full root? if you fullly root, using captthrowbacks guide..then unrevoked, be sure to note that unrevoked will put Clockworkmod recovery on the phone..even if you flashed amon RA first..

I partitioned w/ cwm my first root, and it didnt quite work well...amon RA is the way to go

Just gonna do the htcdev method and I'm definitely hip to amon RA.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

I know is kind of off-topic, but you can have unrEVOked use a custom recovery rather than CWM. My guide suggests that you do this, so that you never even have to see CWM. Perhaps you just missed that part in the instructions? ;)

Captain_Throwback said:
TIP: Make sure your device is disconnected when first running the unrevoked3 "reflash_package.exe". When it opens, choose "File", then "Custom Recovery ...". Navigate to the location of your preferred RA recovery.img file, and select. Then, when it's done, you'll be NAND unlocked, and have your preferred custom recovery!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones