• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Passcode Screen Lock

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. The only problem with Protector that I can see after testing it out for a few minutes, is that you can't password protect your contacts without also password protecting the phone app, and the dev warns against doing this because then it won't allow emergency calls without the password.

As to LockBot, I tried it a while back and as I recall, it was a huge memory hog, and it was bypassable by long-pressing Home (I can't remember if it worked on reboot).

I really wish there was a standard lockscreen password app that works all the time!

Upvote 0
Hey All - I may be in the wrong thread - but all I want to do is disable or completely do away with the 8-digit password I need to enter now to even gain access into my Eris. I set up an Exchange email on it recently and the last step was a required password. The final step is a full reset but I don't want to do that... Any ideas? Thanks in Advance!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones