• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pda.net...what gives?

dennison17

Aug 30, 2010
I'm having a terrible time getting PDA.Net to work on my EVO. I installed the app on my phone , as well as on my laptop. I get the message "PDA is Connected!!" on the EVO... and the PDA icon in the tool bar is colored blue and shows the little blue globe (which I belive means I'm officailly connected.) I even check "My Network Connections" on my PC and the PDA Network shows its "connected". Everything looks great, but when I doubleclick on Internet Explorer it says it cannot connect.... how can that be? If the phone says I'm connected and the PC says I'm connected, why won't Explorer open? :thinking:

I'm having a terrible time getting PDA.Net to work on my EVO. I installed the app on my phone , as well as on my laptop. I get the message "PDA is Connected!!" on the EVO... and the PDA icon in the tool bar is colored blue and shows the little blue globe (which I belive means I'm officailly connected.) I even check "My Network Connections" on my PC and the PDA Network shows its "connected". Everything looks great, but when I doubleclick on Internet Explorer it says it cannot connect.... how can that be? If the phone says I'm connected and the PC says I'm connected, why won't Explorer open? :thinking:

Just a wild guess...could it be a proxy issue? Have you tried another browser, e.g. Firefox or Chrome?

Upvote 0
I am trying to remember what I did when I had that issue here...

I think what I did was once it was all connected up, I actually right clicked the PDAnet icon down in the task tray (or whatever it is called) in the lower right hand corner of my Windows XP screen and disconnected, then I opened PDANet on my computer again and told it to connect, when it reconnected it worked.

That is my (admittedly bad and foggy) memory of the situation.

Reactions: dennison17
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones