• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PDANet installation and can't install "Samsung Android USB Modem" drivers

psyclotr0n

Aug 3, 2010
I read the whole stickied USB drivers thread but could not find this issue discussed. Sorry if this thread is redundant.

I've tried a ton of times to install manually and automatically the "Samsung Android USB Modem" driver, but it keeps failing (the required section in the "inf" file isn't there it says) even after I point it to the folder with all the Captivate drivers; use the Samsung driver executable linked from Softpedia in the USB drivers thread, OR try the included Samsung drivers in PDAnet installation (which won't complete since it can't find the driver active). This is also annoying because every time I reconnect the phone I get a prompt to install USB modem drivers.

Googling for this has had no luck. The only clue is that the driver package from Samsung has a setup.exe file which claims that the driver was successfully installed.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones