• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pdanet tablet w/ foxfi

I am running:

phone- Motorola flipside, android 2.2.2, foxfi 1.81.3

tablet- acer iconia a500 android 4.0.3, pdanet tablet 2.20

I have been able to use the bluetooth connection to tether my phone to my tablet, however when I do this only some of the apps can see the connection (web browsers, facebook app etc) other apps can not (weather channel app, log me in ignition etc) I have rootded the phone, not the tablet and I have tried the wifi hot spot feature and it says wifi mode has failed on your phone please use bluetooth mode instead. How may I be able to get all apps on my tablet to see the data connection?

thanks Brandon

Ok, I understand. I didn't know there was a pda net tablet version. Makes sense for bluetooth, but I don't see the reason when connecting via wifi (tablet-side).

Have you already tried turning on FoxFi on the phone side, then on your tablet, go into settings, then wifi settings, and try connecting to the wifi network that is from your phone? This is the typical way of doing wifi hotspot with a phone to a tablet, computer, etc.

That said, I don't have a tablet (yet), so let me know if there's something I'm not understanding here. But I've used FoxFi (and other wifi hotspot apps) to make a wifi network from the phone that I connect to on a computer. And no special software is needed on the computer side-- just the typical wifi network panel.

Upvote 0
Hmm. Ok. That's what it says when you turn on FoxFi on the phone, right? You said you rooted and are using the hotspot feature. There's usually a built in one, but I'm just asking to make sure that you're turning it on inside of FoxFi. Otherwise, it sounds like it's a problem with that model of phone. You might try the forum in here for your phone, or give the FoxFi people an email asking if there's a bug with your phone model.

Motorola Flipside - Android Forums

Upvote 0
Why would only some apps on my tablet be able to see the conection when conectded via bluetooth? and not others? once again i can get a conection going with the bluetooth conection and i can use my web browser on my tablet... but some of the other apps say no connection

Yeah, that doesn't really make sense to me why only some apps would be able to use the connection through bluetooth, either.

Upvote 0
OK the flipside screen died so I upgraded to the HTC vivid. Got it all rooted on the stock at&t rom and foxfi installed. When I try the wifi hotspot on the phone side seems to be working (goes through the start up and says hotspot on) on my tablet/laptop I can see the android SSID but when I try to connect to it it just keeps saying obtaining IP address and never fully connects?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones