• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pearshaped Hero.

gazza0210

Lurker
May 9, 2010
Hi everyone,

My hero has refused to accept any simcard.

It was originally on Orange but from what I can gather from the previous owner was unlocked by one of those ebay blokes.

The phone is being used on O2 and has worked for a few weeks since I had it but now al of a sudden the phone dispays an image of a simcard with an X in a red circle with the words emergency calls only at the bottom of the screen. I have tried two different O2 sims and a couple of Orange sims and all of them display the same screen.

I have downloaded the latest Orange software from the HTC site and installed it and that has done nothing. Also factory resetted it before that.

PLEASE HELP.

Hi
I had this problem buying a second hand phone from ebay.
It sounds to me the phone has been blocked because it has been reported lost or stolen .

This usually happens when the seller of the phone sells it on then after a few weeks reports it lost or stolen and claims on the insurance.

The original network can block the phone ever working again.

If you ring the original network ( Orange in your case) and quote the imei number they can tell you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones