• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Performance issue while loading listview

Am moving from one Activity to another activity, in second activity am showing the listview. Am using arraylist's data to fill the listview, so for that i have used "for" condition for looping. so for that looping its taking time to load that page. That page loading time is depending up on the data in the arraylist, if there is more data in the arraylist then looping taking time. Is there any way to reduce page loading time.

first activity one search button is there if i click that button it will do some backgrond process for that i have used Async Task, at that time i have displayed progress dialog. in post execute i have dismissed that dialog box. after completing the background process here it is moving to next activity an it is displying listview in next activity, so i have already displayed progress dialog one time so how can i display one more dialog bar in next activity one more time.

List view is taking time to load data from arraylist with the help og adapter.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones