• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Persuade me too change too launcherPro from Stock

Home Switcher doesn't work on 2.2 - fine for the OP, but not for any reader who may have upgraded already.

There's also a "ClearDefaultHome" app in the market (from the developer of WidgetLocker) which just gives a shortcut to the current home app's "Application Info" settings, and so a quick way of getting to that "Clear Defaults" button. Just tested it, and it does what it says, so might be useful to those already on Froyo.

Upvote 0
Eris ed can you run me thorugh how you went about doing this tonight please?? and can you double check with me you can re open sense and use it as your defualt with yopur previosuly saved scene?

Install launcher pro.
Install home switcher
go into sense settings and save your theme then set to blank slate. If you dont save it and set as blank slate, you should be prompted to save your scene anyway.

Open home switcher, set launcher pro as default.
Press home, launcher pro opens.

Switch back:
Open home switcher, set sense as default.
Press home, sense opens.
Change scene to whatever you saved your theme as.

I've done it a million times. Trust ;)

Reactions: speedycolzalez
Upvote 0
@mccrhiswood

Nah it's alright, some of this can all be a bit confusing if you don't know about it.

The whole idea that LP will effect sense in any way is just not true, as mentioned previously by myself and others it is just another option to use and will not interact with sense at all. Scenes are a Sense thing, and therefore anything you do to them will not change unless you change them from within Sense itself. The screens you will see in LP are completely separate entities to the ones you see in Sense.

Upvote 0
I haven't used anything other than launcherpro on 2.2
Well all of this got me wondering what it was that hadn't worked for me, and I realised that I'd seen others do the thing I was missing (in the "Show us your homescreens" thread). So now LP is back on my phone for another trial - we'll see what wins in the end :)

Upvote 0
all is good.
Much more customizable.
Just a quick question.
When im using lp should i create a Blank scene and then activate this before returning to using sense??
Otherwise everything will run in the background won't it.
And when on lp and i click clean slate a few bits and bobs do actually come up
Thanks

Upvote 0
Not sure about creating a blank scene in LauncherPro, I need to play with it some more later today.

I had a few icons in random positions when I first opened LP, easily solved by removing them.

I really like the new dock layout! I have the main 5 icons changed (press and hold each to edit), and you can swipe left and right on the dock to add more dock icons. However, I did notice that I can only add icons that I have saved in one of my photo galleries, but LP doesn't seem to give me the option of using Icon Packs downloaded from the Market when using long press. I think I will need to change the app/shortcut icons using FolderOrganiser then add a FO item to the dock instead of adding an app and changing the icon using long press in LP.

Upvote 0
Well, thanks to this thread I've just taken the plunge and installed LauncherPro.

Only been fiddling for 5 minutes but its awesome. Should have done it ages ago :D

Off to download a load of widgets and do some customisation.

I think I've thanked everyone in this thread who made it possible (for stopping me doing any real work this afternoon) :)

Upvote 0
are there any free??
Also theres so many settings in launcher pro that i dont really know about such as scroll speed etc ive set too 10 then a couple of others i have set too 6.
And something that has an option of fast slow etc wghich i have set as fast.
On the same sort of note is there any good contacts managers out there like the HTC one??
And whats a good weather one?? weatherbug??
And a good calendar??
Thanks guys

Upvote 0
Search the Market for curvefish and look for the "APN OnOff" toggle.

All wi-fi toggles are slower than other switches, that because it takes 10-20 seconds to establish a wi-fi connection. It's not a fault with the switch itself.

Personally, I use switchpro for all my controls - different size widgets with various number of switches per widget, all can be changed and customized to show only the switches you need/use. You can also change the 'On' light colour, and select solid, transparent or no background.

Upvote 0
i have debated that but thats one of my last things too get.
calender and toggles are first :)
I can see that curvefish do a gps toggle but where can i get a mobile internet one??
And the wifi one was a bit slow.
Do i need to re set them up or anything?

LauncherPro paid version also has a calendar widget like Sense and on it you can switch between agenda and calendar.

Theres also people, bookmarks and sms widget. There will be a widget similar to FriendStream coming in the next week or two. Paid version is definately worth it if you like the Sense widgets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones